New Work Permit Issuance : How to apply in Dubai
It is a service provided by the Ministry to any establishment wishing to employ a worker from inside or outside the country.
- Color photograph with a white background of the worker
- Copy of the worker's passport
- If academic qualification is required (post-secondary diploma, university degree or equivalent), a copy thereof which should be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall be attached.
- Letter of approval issued by the competent entity shall be attached if so required (physician, pharmacist, nurse, and teacher)
Terms And Conditions
- The establishment shall have an approval for a quota of electronic work permits.
- The worker required to be recruited shall not have a valid work permit/ labour card.
- The passport of the required worker shall be valid for minimum 6 months.
- The worker shall not be below the age of 18 years.
- The profession assigned to the worker shall be commensurate with the establishment's activity.
- The license of the establishment shall be valid and free from any violations.
- The authorized signatory shall hold an e-signature card.
N.B: The work permit shall be valid for a period of 60 days, which may be extended six times provided the following:
- The approval fees and bank guarantee shall be paid within the 60-day validity period
- AED 500 shall be paid for every 10 days to be calculated from the date of original expiry or the extended expiry date.
- If such fees and bank guarantee are not paid within 60 days, then the permit will be automatically cancelled. In such case, the customer shall resubmit the transaction.
Click here to know where to apply